Textcast Release Notes
Version 1.1 -- 11 Dec 2010
- Textcast is now free! Remove demo restrictions and all license checking code.
Version 1.0.11 -- 15 Nov 2009
- Fix a crash when generating long episodes on Snow Leopard.
Version 1.0.10 -- 27 Aug 2009
- Updates for Snow Leoaprd compatibility.
- Fix some memory leaks.
- Fix some bugs in the feedback UI.
Version 1.0.9 -- 21 May 2009
- Default voice to Alex, if user has changed the system voice to an Apple
voice that is not Alex.
- Delete orphaned temprary files.
Version 1.0.8 -- 03 May 2009
- Importing from Safari now properly commits any uncommitted edits.
- In-app feedback allows user to enter their name.
- Online help book is now indexed.
Version 1.0.7 -- 18 Apr 2009
- Fix a crash when creating a podcast that requires XML escaping.
Version 1.0.6 -- 27 Mar 2009
- Fix crash when syncing a podcast (either Textcast or Feedcast) that has
a large number of episodes.
- Fix memory leak when generating speech.
- Fix crash when creating audio files.
- Fix issues preventing Apache from starting up on Mac OS X Server 10.5.
- Fix issue where episode body text was being lost after creating a new
Version 1.0.5 -- 03 Mar 2009
- The podcasts in iTunes are now updated, again. This was broken in
versions 1.0.3 and 1.0.4.
- Fix crash when refreshing feeds with frames on their home page.
- Fix crash when checking for out of date files on a background thread.
- Add a help document.
- Update crash reporter to submit information in a more robust format.
- The feedback window is now resizable.
Version 1.0.4 -- 04 Feb 2009
- No longer allow deleting of the default Textcast. Also, the default
Textcast will be recreated at startup, if it was previously deleted.
- The Converter Status window no longer stays on top of all windows.
Version 1.0.3 -- 27 Jan 2009
- Fixed text encoding issues when importing from NetNewsWire.
- Trim whitespace and remove newlines in episode titles.
- Updating and revealing podcasts after sync works better when there are
- Ensure podcasts are subscribed before trying to reveal in iTunes.
Version 1.0.2 -- 21 Jan 2009
- Fix crash when feed refreshing.
- Don't allow opening in iTunes until after the first sync.
- Reword sheet when deleting a Textcast or Feedcast.
- Remove extraneous console logging while refreshing feeds.
Version 1.0.1 -- 12 Jan 2009
- Improved stability of feed refreshing.
- Fix crash when opening the toolbar customization sheet.
- Fixed hang when syncing to iTunes on PowerPC machines and iTunes is not
- Converted Textcast's HTTP daemon from a launch agent to a login item.
- Change 'Open in iTunes' keyboard shortcut to Command-T.
- Remove Help > Textcast menu until we get some help content.
- Reword error message when trying to import from NetNewsWire versions
prior to 3.1.7.
- Fix typo in NetNewsWire import dialog.
Version 1.0 -- 22 Dec 2008